Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Food on a SSN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 10:41am
Way back during the great cold war, on Odax we'd travel from Key West to Europe and use dinks as bait to catch creatures big and scary

SS484 SS426 SSBN618
Joined this BBS: May 25 2007
Website USS Tusk SS 426
JrKrup, Skimmer View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 10:38pm
Back during our 1967 WESTPAC deployment we ran very low on toilet paper. I asked the chief to give me "extra military instruction" WinkWink and have the cook tell me to clean out the walk-in chill box. In those days, possibly still, apples were packed in corrugated boxes but they were individually wrapped in squares of soft blue paper. Knowing this, I carefully unwrapped all the apples, ... and because it was supposed to be punishment, WinkWink I cleaned the rest of the chill box. Enroute to the fantail to dump all the trash, one box of blue paper went to the radio shack, and the radiomen had toilet paper when the rest of the crew worried.
And who said radiomen are dummies?
Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 1:24am
I think that would have been John Bay!
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic