Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Florida Submarine License Plate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mustang
Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palm Bay Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Florida Submarine License Plate
    Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 7:38am
Florida has finally approved a vanity plate for submariners. It won't be ready for issue for at least 8 weeks, and will contain up to 5 letters/numerals instead of the 4 shown in the sample. About time!
Ken Wiltshire
K4HBE
SS-206/SS-523/S1C/SSN-578/Ole Miss(NESEP)/DLG-14/SS-563/SS-567/SSN-584/CSS6/NavSafCen/
York County Public Schools/Virginia Beach City Public Schools/Retired
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 8:14am
Envious.  I live in the land of license plates that say "Famous Potatoes".
MT2/SS
USS Simon Bolivar - SSBN 641 (B)
USS Henry M. Jackson - SSBN 730 (B)
USSVI - Wyoming Base
GaryKC View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 9:26am
Are there plans for offering gold dolphins plates?
SS484 SS426 SSBN618
Joined this BBS: May 25 2007
Website USS Tusk SS 426
Mcgivern View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcgivern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 7:10am
wonder how much to convert my current tags
the dolphins are after market and I bet Rontini has a decal of gold dolphins to cover the silver ones

Edited by Mcgivern - 10 Jan 2016 at 7:12am
QM3SS SS343,SS405
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 7:22am
Don't see a similar plate in MD... they do have a Navy Expeditionary Medal plate.

There is a link being added to my post by "VigLink" after I post it - I don't like this apparently new feature!

EDIT:  Oops, I think it is Malware on my browser - Firefox.

EDIT(2):  OR, VigLink can apparently be installed on the site by the owner????

Edited by SaltiDawg - 13 Jan 2016 at 11:30am
Palm Bay Ken View Drop Down
Mustang
Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palm Bay Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 8:17am
Not that I know of. I bought the Gold Dolphin Plate that Rontini sells, and have that on the bow. Florida is a single plate state. I think I figured out how to get the pic larger.

Edited by Palm Bay Ken - 10 Jan 2016 at 8:24am
Ken Wiltshire
K4HBE
SS-206/SS-523/S1C/SSN-578/Ole Miss(NESEP)/DLG-14/SS-563/SS-567/SSN-584/CSS6/NavSafCen/
Tom McNulty View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 10:50am
That is a real classy design. The 5 digit limit puts the screws to SSBN???. The 7 digit limit in my state of Delaware let me use SSBN599. You might spot that plate around SE Florida during the next few months.
SSBN599B,SSBN600B,SSBN611G
USNR Beaumont, TX,
USSVI Life Member
Mid Atlantic Base
Holland Club
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Tom McNulty Tom McNulty wrote:

That is a real classy design. The 5 digit limit puts the screws to SSBN???. The 7 digit limit in my state of Delaware let me use SSBN599. You might spot that plate around SE Florida during the next few months.

SSBN just get:   2CREW  Disapprove

Edited by SaltiDawg - 10 Jan 2016 at 11:44am
Palm Bay Ken View Drop Down
Mustang
Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palm Bay Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 12:48pm
"That is a real classy design. The 5 digit limit puts the screws to SSBN???.

Doesn't help the fast attacks much either, except the Seawolfs. I already own SS523, my silver qual boat, on a Florida "US Navy" plate, so I don't anticipate any problem. My late friend Gil Shaddock had the SS523 plate for many years, and told me that whenever his obit was published, cut it out and head for DMV. Did just that, but didn't like the reason.
Ken Wiltshire
K4HBE
Hagar View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hagar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 8:18pm
    Hey Ken, can we just straight out order one from
out of state? I'd love to have one.

Thanks!

hagar
Tullibee, Miami, Holland, Frank Cable, Florida Gold, San Francisco.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic