Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Dave Stoops and Dex Armstrong

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dave Stoops and Dex Armstrong
    Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 12:36pm
Got a phone call from Dave Stoops last night. Good to talk to him. I always enjoy conversations with Navy buddies, skimmers or sub sailors.

Dex Armstrong's name came up. Got me to thinking. Today, 26 Dec., is Dex' birthday. Wish he was still around so I could wish him a Happy Birthday. I miss the old fart.

Also miss Doc Beeghly, Bill Parker, Paul Perris, Bob Perry, and John Wynn. Rest in Peace guys. You are in our thoughts.
Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
Tom McNulty View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 4:35pm
Jon, as you wrote it's not the same BBS of the 90s.
SSBN599B,SSBN600B,SSBN611G
USNR Beaumont, TX,
USSVI Life Member
Mid Atlantic Base
Holland Club
Boy Throttleman View Drop Down
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Throttleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 12:11pm
God I remember those days in here and the After Battery it was so much fun foolishness, fun and intelligent stuff all rolled into one.
It was almost like being in the After Battery again without the smell of course.
Dr. Stan View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Stan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Boy Throttleman Boy Throttleman wrote:

God I remember those days in here and the After Battery it was so much fun foolishness, fun and intelligent stuff all rolled into one.
It was almost like being in the After Battery again without the smell of course.

I wandered in here in the middle of the Perth Run and my initial reaction was "WTF?"  But, I hung around and watched and found your description of the goings on here to be an apt one.  And I have enjoyed the BBS since.

In addition to Bill 'SOB' Parker and Paul 'PEP' Perris, both of whom, BTW, are missed very much at Cyberspace Base, there were Gary 'Cowboy' McLaughlin, John 'Luke The Lid' Lukasiewicz and Ron 'Warshot' Smith who have passed on as well.  Then there are those who just don't come around any more like Roger 'RamJet' Burleigh, Glenn 'Erik von Zipper' Keiffer, John 'Gumba' Carcioppolo and Ray 'Olgoat' Stone.  All of whom are missed, too.

But, as often has been said, the only constant in the universe is change.

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.~Abe Lincoln
SS-393, SSBN-610(B), SSBN-624(G), SSN-591
USSVI Life Member; Holland Club; Plank Owner, Smoky Mtn. Base
KC Ward View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC Ward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 12:09pm
I'm dink. Haven't been around of recent. Lost in Facebook world.
Jim Mandelblatt View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mandelblatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 1:27pm
I miss Dex too.. get reminded of him whenever I drink coffee from the DBF coffee mug that he gave me.

I miss all the others that have gone too.. Cowboy, Doc Beeghly, Cool Bob.. Luke the Lid.. those were the days.
http://ss481.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic