Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Scorpion item...YOU WON'T BELIEVE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
BBS Owner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rontini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scorpion item...YOU WON'T BELIEVE
    Posted: 01 May 2017 at 8:59pm
A guy in Louisiana who bought a couple of caps of the Harder from me told me he had something of interest.  It seems the Harder guy was in a SubSchool class with a guy off the Scorpion.  This was in Charleston 63 or so.  They were buddies.  The 589 guy gave him a tour and the guy mentioned that he did not have a PILLOW on the Harder!  The 589 guy gave him one from the 589 and it is stenciled USS SCORPION SSN 589.  Discolored striped pillow of good size and heft.  The Harder guy kept it with him until he left the boat and took it with him. 
I called him and ask the 589's guys name and he can't remember but he has a SubSchool picture and I told him to get me the Class number off the photo and I would get the names.  The 589 guy did not go down on the loss. 
It arrived here today!  Free and he didn't even want postage back.  He wanted me to sell it for the good of Wyoming Base. 
So.....what it is it worth gentlemen.  I'm thinking a good deal!
DON'T BID NOW.  I'll auction it here but I need to set a minimum!
Every increase in government authority is a decrease of the liberty of each citizen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic