Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Hi, folks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, folks
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:04pm
Haven't been here for years, back now.
DBF
JrKrup, Skimmer View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:41pm
Welcome back, Bob. Grab a cuppa joe and settle back.

Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:31pm
Welcome, we can do with some life being breathed back into this BBS. It tends to fall awfully quiet every now and again.
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
KC Ward View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC Ward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:03pm
Hey Ron, Facebook is free.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by KC Ward KC Ward wrote:

Hey Ron, Facebook is free.

TINFL [There Is No Free Lunch]

Facebook as well as all the other "Free" social media sites record you every keystroke, analyse for interests, and what ever else may be important to potential advertisers, and sell the results. That's where all the advertising emails, catalogs, and robocalls come from. Also that's how Facebook shows quarterly profits in the billions, from the info you voluntarily gave them for free. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 3:17pm
My problem with Facebook is the lack of a "Piss Off" button.

Dr. Stan View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Stan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 2:02pm
I remember your name, Bob, mainly because every time I saw it, back when you posted here regularly, it reminded me of a guy in my home town with the identical name.  He graduated from H.S. a couple of years before I did and had a car that I still envy . . . a brand new 1959 Chevy Impala convertible.  And what a beautiful automobile it was!  At any rate, welcome back and keep on posting. 

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.~Abe Lincoln
SS-393, SSBN-610(B), SSBN-624(G), SSN-591
USSVI Life Member; Holland Club; Plank Owner, Smoky Mtn. Base
crystal View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:57pm
Welcome back Bob... Since Ron and I go way back (1960) I was around during the start of the BBS and I too remember your posts.  I'm guilty of being "seduced" by the social media siren but have lately tired of all the crapola and only post in a family group to let the 5 kids know I'm still alive now and then.  "Dantini" (the 3rd member of the tres amigos founded in 1960 at EM"A" school NTC) and I live closer to each other than Ron does so exchange visits now and then (he just left here on Friday after a whirl-wind visit of 36 hours and half a bottle of Smirnoff).  Enjoy the ride! 

Edited by crystal - 29 May 2017 at 6:07pm
SS-349, SSN-580, SSBN-640, CVA-59, SS-410, LPSS-315, CVA-61, Subase Pearl Harbor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic