Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Pargo Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pargo Bill
    Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 11:20am
Hey Ron,  I heard from John Clear that Bill Patterson aka "Pargo Bill" passed away about a year ago.  I didn't see anything about him listed in the Eternal Patrol link, or see anyone mentioning his loss on this page.  I know he worked with you on your BBS.  Definitely a loss to the sub community.
crystal View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 7:29pm
Here's the link that I received from Jeff Fischbeck, a NSL member in California:

http://mcwanefamily.com/book-of-memories/2443995/Patterson-Sr-William/service-details.php

I had tried to call and email Bill several times but obviously his estranged son didn't bother to notify any of his friends let alone the submarine community, a shame...

Edited by crystal - 24 Jul 2017 at 7:34pm
SS-349, SSN-580, SSBN-640, CVA-59, SS-410, LPSS-315, CVA-61, Subase Pearl Harbor
Pat-H View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat-H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 8:40pm
His Base didn't know either.  I've placed his record on Eternal Patrol.  RIP
Patrick Householder
Issaquah WA
USS Chopper Q-1962
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic