Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Fly the Jolly Roger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly the Jolly Roger
    Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:54am
The USS Jimmy Carter entered the Hood Canal flying the Jolly Roger next to the US Flag, why?
Clap
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
GaryKC View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:07am
One day they'll be a branch of the service that's silent

SS484 SS426 SSBN618
Joined this BBS: May 25 2007
Website USS Tusk SS 426
fortyrod View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fortyrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:06am
I am really offended by this ! It is totally insensitive to those who were maimed, and hurt by pirates in our history's past. In fact it glorifies pirates who plundered and pillaged our shores. I'm organizing a crowd burst to protest at every Naval base and pull down any pirate statues standing.

Edited by fortyrod - 14 Sep 2017 at 10:06am
Everything is relative
JrKrup, Skimmer View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:32pm
"Much ado about nothing."
W. Shakespeare

It's a case of a civilian knowing zip, but talking anyway.
Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
Runner485 View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runner485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:00pm
Arrrghh, keep it flying matey
DBF
Joe
SS485,CVA42
Holland Club
Mid-Atlantic Base
Flapper View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:22pm
Arghh, aye, mate - it's an honored tradition:

ET1ss Nuke; 1962 - 1973. SSN-588, CVA-63, SSBN-629 BLUE, SSN-669 PLANKOWNER, FICPAC
Hagar View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hagar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:46pm
  I've seen it quite a few times.  I like the broom better.

hagar
Tullibee, Miami, Holland, Frank Cable, Florida Gold, San Francisco.
gcconnor1 View Drop Down
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcconnor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:12pm
I remember all of the WW2 Fleet Boat Battle Flags in Dealy Center at the Sub Base in the 1960's.  I wonder if they are still on display???????????
GC Connor EMC(SS)/LT USN Ret
USS Ethan Allen(7)
Holland Club WA2STJ
Rontini View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
BBS Owner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rontini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 2:05pm
Good grief Ian,  That was 200 years ago.  Get reall! You probably believe that all references to the USS Roberst E. Lee and the Stonewall Jackson should be deleted also. 
Every increase in government authority is a decrease of the liberty of each citizen.
Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 2:10pm
Rumor is the British are offended by the names of several of the original 41 for Freedom. After all those folks ruined a good thing they had going.
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic