Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

RON IN THE HOSPITAL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Qualified
Qualified

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELT627 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RON IN THE HOSPITAL
    Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:08am
Ron Martini is in the Denver VA hospital. He went to have a stent put in, they found fluid on the heart, a 100% blockage where they originally thought was 20%. He also had another stent that was messed up so they fixed all. He is stable and in ICU at this time. When I hear more I will post it.  They plan on keeping him for a week to see how everything is working.

Tom McNulty View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:54am
Hang in there shipmate.
SSBN599B,SSBN600B,SSBN611G
USNR Beaumont, TX,
USSVI Life Member
Mid Atlantic Base
Holland Club
Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:39am
Get well and persevere. We are counting on you being around to keep Dantini and Clear in line. Be well, and heal.
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
JrKrup, Skimmer View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:58am
Fluid ON the heart is fluid IN the pericardium - the sack that surrounds the heart. Excess fluid can put pressure on the heart preventing it from fully pumping the blood.

The heart pumps the blood out, measured as blood pressure - 120/80 is average, but the blood only oozes back into the heart from the rest of the body. The fluid in the pericardium prevents the blood from returning to the heart.  The heart can be as strong as ever, but what the heart can't suck up, it can't pump out.

What I had in July 2016 - pericarditis -  but in my case it was caused by a virus infection in the pericardium. My blood pressure was 85/60. Medications and a 5-day hospital stay took care of it. I go to the cardiologist every 6 months now, and I have been fine ever since.   

So for Ron, hang in there friend. Do what the nurses say.
Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
ELT627 View Drop Down
Qualified
Qualified

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELT627 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:12pm
I talked to Ron. this morning, he is feeling good. He is still in ICU but he was sitting up in a chair they have taken him off the ventilator and he was just on oxygen now. Updates as they come along
Dr. Stan View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Stan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by JrKrup, Skimmer JrKrup, Skimmer wrote:

So for Ron, hang in there friend. Do what the nurses say.

Get better soon, Ron.  Everyone is rooting for you. Thumbs Up

And listen to Jon Krup who has BTDT.  Nurse knows best.  Big smile

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.~Abe Lincoln
SS-393, SSBN-610(B), SSBN-624(G), SSN-591
USSVI Life Member; Holland Club; Plank Owner, Smoky Mtn. Base
ELT627 View Drop Down
Qualified
Qualified

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELT627 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:24pm
Ron. is up and about he expects to go to a regular room today. He expects to go home Monday or Tuesday so things are looking up in the crisis appears to be over
Dr. Stan View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Stan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:38pm
Excellent news!  Thumbs Up
It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.~Abe Lincoln
SS-393, SSBN-610(B), SSBN-624(G), SSN-591
USSVI Life Member; Holland Club; Plank Owner, Smoky Mtn. Base
Runner485 View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runner485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:07pm
Going home Monday or Tuesday is the best medicine you can receive Ron. You'll feel 100
% better. Clap

From my experiences, follow the doctors orders, they are usually right on point with whatever they tell you to do.

Good luck!
DBF
Joe
SS485,CVA42
Holland Club
Mid-Atlantic Base
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic