Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Recruitment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTGC(SS) Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:08am
In 1981 my gross monthly income went from $1,150 in September to $1,745 in October.
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by FTGC(SS) Lane FTGC(SS) Lane wrote:

In 1981 my gross monthly income went from $1,150 in September to $1,745 in October.

At that time I was unable to sell my home in CHASN for $92K in part due to Mortgage Rates of 17-18%!  (I had bought in 1979 for $92K.)

Edited by SaltiDawg - 21 Aug 2018 at 11:19am
c stafford View Drop Down
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c stafford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:42pm
A person or family in San Diego must make over $131,000 a year to buy a median priced home.
I don't know where the money is coming from, but houses are only on the market for a few weeks before being sold.
And the rents are very expensive also.
Chris
USS Barbel, MM2(SS)
USSVI Life
Blueback Base, Life
San Diego Base, Life
Holland Club
Gil View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 12:08pm
In '91 deals could still be had.  My ex-girlfriend had moved to San Diego from Los Angeles.  She rented a two bedroom 1250 square foot ten year old apartment on top of the hill in Solano Beach overlooking the Del Mar racetrack,  From her kitchen you could see the 5 down south and from her bedroom you could see the 5 heading north.  They wanted only $120K to buy it as a condo.  Biggest mistake I or we ever made in not grapping that opportunity.  Solano Beach is absolutely beautiful and I kick myself for not leaving Los Angeles then.  I could of transferred to TRW in San Diego then, I think I would have just missed the financial bubble that Qualcomm offered in their boom then.

This was just after that cult had committed suicide to ride on the comet in Santa Fe Springs.

Edited by Gil - 24 Aug 2018 at 12:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic