Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Submarine Commander's appetite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Submarine Commander's appetite
    Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:15pm
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-navy-sub-commander-demoted-after-hiring-prostitutes-in-philippines

US Navy sub commander demoted after hiring prostitutes in Philippines

Navy submarine commander was disciplined and demoted last summer after admitting to paying for female prostitutes while stationed in the Philippines. Capt. Travis Zettel lost the confidence to command the attack submarine USS Bremerton and was relieved of duty back in August following the investigation. The investigation by the U.S. Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) was launched following a sailor’s tip to the Department of Defense Inspector General’s hotline, saying Zettel told him he “requested/ordered ten girls to arrive at the hotel,” according to documents obtained by the Kitsap Sun.

Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
fortyrod View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fortyrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:37pm
Sure isn't my Navy anymore. The whole USN Admiralty would have freaked out if it was like a 1969 Westpac on Volador. Sailor just can't have any fun. I suppose he dared have a beer also.
Everything is relative
Tom McNulty View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:56pm
I don't know which is a bigger problem. The CO's discretion or the weenie who turned him in. This is not the Submarine Navy I spent my informative years in.
SSBN599B,SSBN600B,SSBN611G
USNR Beaumont, TX,
USSVI Life Member
Mid Atlantic Base
Holland Club
610ET View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:47pm
Is prostitution legal there?

The CO rewarded some guys in a time honored way.

Big deal.

Does the USN actually believe that sailors don't interact with prostitutes?

Seriously?

The punishment should be given to the tight ass who reported it.

Good grief.

Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:03pm
I would neither confirm nor deny my presence in an Olongopo City establishment that was later closed by the Philippine Government for moral reasons. I am not sure if it was legal, but the floor show involved Donkeys, Snakes, Coke bottles and quarters. It was full of USN and Marines. I think is was the Carousel Club. 
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:03pm
Post redacted... posted by mistake.

Edited by SaltiDawg - 13 Jan 2019 at 12:52pm
610ET View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:21pm
I remember that but wasn t she topless on the fairwater  plane coming in to port?

Publically involving the boat should be a no-no for sure.

Flapper View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by 610ET 610ET wrote:

I remember that but wasn t she topless on the fairwater  plane coming in to port?

Publically involving the boat should be a no-no for sure.

That pic was a Sturgeon heading out of Pt Canaveral, IIRC

ET1ss Nuke; 1962 - 1973. SSN-588, CVA-63, SSBN-629 BLUE, SSN-669 PLANKOWNER, FICPAC
Tom McNulty View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 11:36am
Canaveral in the 60s was the closest place to Sodom & Gamorah I ever visited. All that NASA money and high paid Engineers attracted quite a lot of ladies.

SSBN599B,SSBN600B,SSBN611G
USNR Beaumont, TX,
USSVI Life Member
Mid Atlantic Base
Holland Club
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 12:56pm
It wasn't much different in '87. From what little I remember, anyway. Drank my dolphins in the "enlisted club" on PCAN, then went out to the Dollhouse and other places. or so they told me.
MT2/SS
USS Simon Bolivar - SSBN 641 (B)
USS Henry M. Jackson - SSBN 730 (B)
USSVI - Wyoming Base
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic