Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

PCU Oregon (SSN 793)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCU Oregon (SSN 793)
    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:36pm
The web site is up and running for the commissioning of Oregon.  The web site still has some work to be done.

Check it out.  If anyone wants to contribute to the Commissioning, PM me.

We members of the Commissioning Committee want to make this the best Commissioning ever for "our boat".

Contributions of any amount are welcome.

Thank you,

EM1(SS)
USS PLUNGER (SSN-595)
HOLLAND Club
USSVI LIFE Member
Blueback Base, Rogue-Umpqua Base, Olympic Peninsula Base
Runner485 View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runner485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:35am
Dave, please explain. Is your group going to be allowed to attend the commissioning of SSN 793? If so why do you need to raise money for this? Is this gonna be a private party, if so I understand the request for donations.
I know my Mid-Atlantic base, has not been invited to the commissioning for the USS Delaware, so far.
Just wondering?
DBF
Joe
SS485,CVA42
Holland Club
Mid-Atlantic Base
Dave595 View Drop Down
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 11:44am
Prior to the actual commissioning ceremony traditionally there are events for various groups:

Reception for the crew and builder's employees.
Reception for VIP's and boat's guests.
Chairman's Reception
Sponsor's Reception
Platform Breakfast
Then after the commissioning there is a reception for all who attended the commissioning.

The Navy is not allowed to fund any of these events.  They fund the actual commissioning ceremony only.

The USS Oregon commissioning committee, of which I am a member, is raising money to pay for the events the Navy can not pay for.

There is a web page for your boat.  If you go to it you can request tickets for her commissioning and / or donate.

EM1(SS)
USS PLUNGER (SSN-595)
HOLLAND Club
USSVI LIFE Member
Runner485 View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runner485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 12:46pm
Thanks for the info Dave. I didn't know any of that.
DBF
Joe
SS485,CVA42
Holland Club
Mid-Atlantic Base
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 1:30pm
II messaged the Treasurer with a couple of suggestions - I was in a similar boat Commissioning situation years ago.

Seems the rules have not changed since then.
Dave595 View Drop Down
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 3:49pm
Thank you!
EM1(SS)
USS PLUNGER (SSN-595)
HOLLAND Club
USSVI LIFE Member
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Dave595 Dave595 wrote:

Thank you!

Swapped E-mails with Lorene Bay.  Seems she's on top of it.

Edited by SaltiDawg - 08 Apr 2019 at 10:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic