Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Looking for book recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GaryKC View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for book recommendation
    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 1:07am
SS484 SS426 SSBN618
Joined this BBS: May 25 2007
Website USS Tusk SS 426
JrKrup, Skimmer View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:00pm
On Rontini's board I can change the size of my post every time. On Gentry's I don't know how to change the size.
I can also change the color if want, but only on Rontini's.
It's all on the top of the posting area.
BOLD ITALIC UNDERSCORE CROSSOUT  or combinations thereof.
I don't know how to do it on Gentry's.
font size 1
font size 2
font size 3
font size 4
font size 5
font size 6
font size 7

Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 3:16pm
Investigation reveals:
- Member Control Panel (settings YOU can change) - no such settings other than choosing the WYSIWYG editor.
- Admin Control panel, User Settings: no such settings other than choosing the WYSIWYG editor.
- Admin Control Panel, Posting settings: no such settings other than choosing the WYSIWYG editor.

Summary: I see no way for a user to have a "default" font size.

Jon, do you choose a larger font every time you post, or does it just come out that way?
MT2/SS
USS Simon Bolivar - SSBN 641 (B)
USS Henry M. Jackson - SSBN 730 (B)
USSVI - Wyoming Base
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 3:08pm
Jerry,
Comparing your last post to the one before it, tey appear to be the same size to me. Howerver, your 6/20/2019 20:18 post is a significantly smaller font than the last two. Jon's is larger (to me), and Joe's is the same as your two most recent posts.

I'll look in the settings for a default size, but I dont think there is a setting for that.
MT2/SS
USS Simon Bolivar - SSBN 641 (B)
USS Henry M. Jackson - SSBN 730 (B)
USSVI - Wyoming Base
Runner485 View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runner485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 12:30pm
Jerry,
I used to use a size 4 on my posts. But I just checked on the menu I have it set (the zoom) at 133%. While I'm writing this my font size is smaller then I like, but when I post it, it shows up larger...Lets see if that holds true.

Yes it does.

Edited by Runner485 - 08 Oct 2019 at 12:31pm
DBF
Joe
SS485,CVA42
Holland Club
Mid-Atlantic Base
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:11pm
Thanks, Flapper.  I was aware of that... was hoping to find a way to change the default font size.

The first three posts (gerry, runner445, and Rontini) all have the same size font.  My post, the fourth, has tiny font.  I used the default size.  Does this mean that the first three posters all chose size 3 or 4?

EDIT: I did not knowingly change anything and yet the font in this post is larger than in my post above?????

Edited by SaltiDawg - 07 Oct 2019 at 7:12pm
Flapper View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 6:53pm
Look just above text entry box when making your post and click the Size box.
I chose size 3 for this entry. Bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough are available right next to size selection.

I chose size 5 here. And here is size 1, lol.

Edited by Flapper - 07 Oct 2019 at 6:58pm
ET1ss Nuke; 1962 - 1973. SSN-588, CVA-63, SSBN-629 BLUE, SSN-669 PLANKOWNER, FICPAC
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Jon,

I'm looking to change the posted print size.  Not looking to enlarge/zoom on someone else's text.

See how small my print here is compared to, say, yours.
JrKrup, Skimmer View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:30pm
Gerry: In the upper right hand corner of your screen, under the "-" and red "x" should be 3 more icons, a home, a star and a "gear." Click on the gear. Another window should open. Click on ZOOM. then select a different "%". That will enlarge everything on the screen. I use 125% all the time, but occasionally have to zoom up to 150 or 175 if the print is small. When done, you have to go back to your original % choice.

Hope this helps. Works for me.

P.S: sorry to report that one of my Greyhounds, Taffy, had to be euthanized due to kidney failure.  

Jon
Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Rontini599 Rontini599 wrote:

I agee with "Clear the Bridge."  Another option is from a 3rd party, 

The Bravest Man: Richard O'Kane and the Amazing Submarine Adventures of the USS Tang 

I agree. Touhy is a great WWII author.  Available on Kindle.

PS  Is there a way to change the default print size here for an individual poster?

Edited by SaltiDawg - 06 Oct 2019 at 8:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic