Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Another Charleston FOOD Memory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Charleston FOOD Memory
    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 11:05am
The hot dog cart in front of the Navy Exchange by the FBM Squadron building. They had the best Polish Dogs with Kraut. I have tried many a Polish Sausage trying to find the one, but have failed. Used to be where most of the Snipes grabbed lunch when we had to report in after patrol. Maybe my memory of the taste is better than it actually was. However, I will continue my search. 
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
JrKrup, Skimmer View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 12:52pm
It's possible that those Polish sausages were produced by a local meat packing company. You might Google "Polish Sausages Charleston" or South Carolina. Something might come up. Good luck.
Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 4:33pm
Thanks John. I tried all the local markets. The guy that sold them told me they came from the Navy Exchange system. In the two years I was stationed at SIMA Charleston, he claimed I was one of his most loyal customers. He shared the info as to the source when I left Charleston for Albany Georgia and Miller Brewing. He figured he wouldn't be losing any business by telling me. Up to that point he had always said if he told me, he would lose a sale each day. 
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic