Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine History
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reactor Hull locations at Hanford as of 9/25/2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Reactor Hull locations at Hanford as of 9/25/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reactor Hull locations at Hanford as of 9/25/2017
    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 5:38pm
Reactor Hull locations at Hanford as of 10/17/2023

(Courtesy of Dantini and Rontini)

Edited by gerry - 18 Oct 2023 at 6:18pm
MT2/SS
USS Simon Bolivar - SSBN 641 (B)
USS Henry M. Jackson - SSBN 730 (B)
USSVI - Wyoming Base
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:16pm
I wonder if they ever did find my Lighter in the Rx Vessel Location # 74? Or for that matter, MY Belt Buckle in Location 117. Location # 15 used a different form of Plant Chemistry so I'm sure my lost short timers chain has long ago dissolved.

Stuff I left on two other older boats are either parts of reefs or razor blades by now.

gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:53pm
What an interesting comment! As far as I know, I left nothing behind on either of my boats.

How about the rest of you? Leave any mementos behind?
MT2/SS
USSVI - Wyoming Base
Runner485 View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runner485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by gerry gerry wrote:

What an interesting comment! As far as I know, I left nothing behind on either of my boats.

How about the rest of you? Leave any mementos behind?

I left my boat so fast for separations I was lucky I remembered to empty my lockers. I wish I would have remembered to take my rack bag...
DBF
Joe
SS485,CVA42
Holland Club
Mid-Atlantic Base
gcconnor1 View Drop Down
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcconnor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:13pm
My rack bag and a piece of the refueling hull cut is all I have off the 608 in the 60’s.
GC Connor EMC(SS)/LT USN Ret
USS Ethan Allen(7)
Holland Club WA2STJ
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:15pm
I never did get my Plank Owner's Planks off two boats and AS-40.

Dantini View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 9:11am
Gerry,

On both # 102 and #103, when you get a chance, you can add "37" after the CGN designation.  Good job!
JrKrup, Skimmer View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrKrup, Skimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 11:46am
I wonder where the reactors from the USS Long Beach CGN-9 are buried. Had a HM2 friend who served aboard her.

Answering my own post: The hull section containing her two defueled reactors, is located at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Interesting that they haven't been moved to Hanford.

Edited by JrKrup, Skimmer - 09 Jan 2020 at 12:05pm
Jon Krup, Skimmer - Minesweeps
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 5:41pm
CGN 37 (#102 & #103) updated.
MT2/SS
USSVI - Wyoming Base
Rontini599 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rontini599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:26pm
I was asked where Hanford was.  It is a site/reservation belonging to the U.S. Department of Energy near Richland, Washington which is part of the Tri-City area of Richland, Pasco, Kennewick (where Dantini lives.)Dan also worked at Hanford.  
The site is immediately NW of Richland.  The compartments were brought up the Colombia River and then trucked to the site. The site is 586 square miles about 1/2 the size of Rhode Island.  
My heroes wear dog tags, not shoulder pads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic