Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Silent Service Television series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silent Service Television series
    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 7:02pm
Just wanted to report that my wife and I finished all of the episodes gerry posted.

We thoroughly enjoyed them and had some fun trying to recognize some of the actors were that went on to bigger and better shows. (It was hard in the final Episode to find Werner Klemperer (Col Klink in Hogan's Heroes believable as Gunter Prien in Scapa Flow!))

Thanks, gerry!

PS Now working on finishing Season 1 of the Das Boot continuation!

EDIT: We completed both season 1 and also Season 2 of Das Boot the sequel TV Series. Looking forward to Season 3 in 2021.

Edited by SaltiDawg - 28 Sep 2020 at 11:05am
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:51pm
There appears to be a problem with Season 2, Episode 9 (the S-38 episode) as reported by Salitdawg (thanks!). I'll try to re-rip it this weekend and see if it is my fault or a problem with the source video.
MT2/SS
USS Simon Bolivar - SSBN 641 (B)
USS Henry M. Jackson - SSBN 730 (B)
USSVI - Wyoming Base
Dantini View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:00am
Good Job Gerry.  Like I said, you were on it like white on rice.  Thanks a bunch!  BZ
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 3:35pm
Season 2 episodes have now been renamed properly. As noted above, episodes 7, 21, and 36 are missing. See first post for download links.
MT2/SS
USSVI - Wyoming Base
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:58am
Hi Gents,

Don't know about white on rice. Intended to get the numbering/titling fixed last night but it didnt happen. Went to my CPA to finish my taxes and got an unpleasant surprise. Didnt end up getting home until much later than planned. Will try again tonight, barring that on the weekend. Not such a big deal except that when I rip the video from DVD it embeds the filename in the video... so even if I rename the files, the internal naming is still wrong. Looks like I will have to re-do the whole season, which isn't difficult but is time consuming. 
I'll update you when I know more. Appreciate all the support this has gotten!

MT2/SS
USSVI - Wyoming Base
Dantini View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:33am
Saltidawg - No problem.  Thanks for helping to identify a problem we didn't know we had.  Tongue
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:11am
Oh. Sorry to have butted in and added to the confusion.
Dantini View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:03am
Saltidawg - Yes they are missing and Gerry is aware of and is working on correcting the problem.  I take responsibility for this issue, since I recently sent Gerry some information that he should have had when he first started converting the Season Two series.  Basically, the titles don't matchup with the actual videos.  Gerry is on this problem like white on rice.  Smile

GaryKC View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 11:22am
I've used https://www.genyoutube.net/
many times over the years.
SS484 SS426 SSBN618
Joined this BBS: May 25 2007
Website USS Tusk SS 426
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Dantini Dantini wrote:

The names of the three that are missing are:

Production number 19-7    The Ugly Duckling
Production number 19-21  The S-44 Story
Production number 19-36   Royal Submarines

All three of these episodes are included in gerry's list of files and thus not missing ...

Edited by SaltiDawg - 16 Jun 2020 at 10:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic