Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Memorial Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FTGC(SS) Lane View Drop Down
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTGC(SS) Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memorial Day
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:50am
As soon as I was notified the flag on the park's pole was raised to half staff and will be lowered @ noon 25 May to full staff.
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:27am
You are doing exactly what the Commander In Chief has directed to show the appropriate respect for Covid19 Victims on 22, 23, and 24 May and to deceased Veterans on May 25th.
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:50am
Good on ya, Chief!
MT2/SS
USS Simon Bolivar - SSBN 641 (B)
USS Henry M. Jackson - SSBN 730 (B)
USSVI - Wyoming Base
Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 8:53am
I know know how the order for Half Staff for the Virus Victims will affect the Flag presentation for Memorial Day. However, my Flag and my Staff are mine. The Flag will be replaced Monday Morning with my Father's Burial Flag. It will remain at Half Staff until Noon when it will be briskly raised to full staff as is custom. At 3 PM my Bugle and I shall fall in beside my staff and my two soldier's Cross memorials and turn that Bugle loose with a perfect rendition of Taps as has been requested. It will be an electronic insert doing the call, but my heart will be in it even if my lips aren't. Wouldn't want to embarrass the moment with a missed or blown note. 
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic