Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Just changed homeport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Neptune
Neptune

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just changed homeport
    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 6:22pm
If any of you were wandering the streets of St Augustine, Florida looking for me, I'm not there anymore.  Not being able to do stairs anymore we needed a one story house.  So, we moved to Tucson, Arizona.  One story house, great view, room to set up my paint stuff and work. 

If any of you are in this area, let me know and we can do coffee and swap lies. 

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3702-W-Avenida-Montana-Alta_Tucson_AZ_85746_M17273-68136

The link will get you to the site that has photos and address.  You need to copy and paste it to the address line.

Submarine Related:  Thought I saw in the distance the wake of a periscope but no, it wasn't.  We are 300 miles due east of San Diego and that is a bit far for nav errors. 
Be Well
Oldsubs
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 7:16pm
Beautiful home, beautiful views, nice setting.

Will you have grass lawn or less water usage ground coverings?

How is the Cost of Living out there?
oldsubs View Drop Down
Neptune
Neptune

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 11:12pm
No grass, desert hardpan (dirt).  Maybe some decorative gravel later.

Thank, it is a great house, wonderful vista, close by what we need.  VA hospital 20 minutes away.

Cost of living is higher than Florida, less than New York.  Income tax, high heat (so A/C) food about the same

Be Well
Oldsubs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic