Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Rocker needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Neptune
Neptune

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rocker needed
    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:40pm
I'm building a board with 1/350 scale models of the boats I served on.  Thanks to Ron's generosity I have now only one 'rocker' (ID shoulder tab) to get to have one for each of the boats.  However, I am missing one for USS Dace {the 607, not the WWII boat}.  Does anyone know of a reputable place I might order one made.  Just need one.  Found a place I could order them but a 50 run minimum and that is a bit many.

Thanks
Jim Christley
Be Well
Oldsubs
GaryKC View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 1:08am
If all else fails, buying a U.S.S. Dale one for $10 and a bit of sewing skills and jury rigging might work.
SS484 SS426 SSBN618
Joined this BBS: May 25 2007
Website USS Tusk SS 426
oldsubs View Drop Down
Neptune
Neptune

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 8:49am
Nice idea, might try it. 

Be Well
Oldsubs
oldsubs View Drop Down
Neptune
Neptune

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 8:53am
Ron,

Does SubmarineShop do rockers?  Looked on website but didn't see any.

Be Well
Oldsubs
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:04am
oldsubs View Drop Down
Neptune
Neptune

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:30am
Good tip.  Thanks

Be Well
Oldsubs
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 2:19pm
oldsubs View Drop Down
Neptune
Neptune

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 5:38pm
That looks like the other ones I have.  Not as wide as some of the more modern ones.  I found a place to order one made for $5.00.  https://www.rwne.com/uim.html   Might just get one from here.  Most they can do is  rip you off for $5.00 and cause you to have to change charge cards. 

Thanks
Be Well
Oldsubs
Dr. Stan View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Stan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by oldsubs oldsubs wrote:

Most they can do is  rip you off for $5.00 and cause you to have to change charge cards. 

Not if you use PayPal.  They won't reveal your credit card information to the seller and I would guess their security is pretty good, as well.
It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.~Abe Lincoln
SS-393, SSBN-610(B), SSBN-624(G), SSN-591
USSVI Life Member; Holland Club; Plank Owner, Smoky Mtn. Base
Rontini599 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rontini599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 3:22pm
The quantity is the killer on rockers.  We do Plank Owner and DILLIGAF and that is all.  We just one for a guy but the cost was $4 each and 25 minimum.  
My heroes wear dog tags, not shoulder pads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic