Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Non-Submarine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

New Benefit Auction COMING SOON - See here
UPDATE 6/28: Pictures of some items posted, see above link. Auction is still coming, bidding is NOT open yet.
UPDATE 7/1: Additional pictures added. Rontini has posted the more info at the above link.

Starbucks reamed by Boyds Coffee Co

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
BBS Owner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rontini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starbucks reamed by Boyds Coffee Co
    Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 4:42pm
Boyd's Coffee is one the oldest family-owned coffee companies in the world. Impeccable customer service was one of Percival Boyd's steadfast tenants when he established Boyd's Coffee in 1900.  We are still a model for the industry today.  
At Boyd's we don't believe that coffee bestows status or makes a statement about the person who drinks it. We believe that people are capable of making their own statements.  We hold that coffee is fuel, not fashion. It is what it has always been: a reward for good work, done well, and a kick in the pants to get back out there and do some more.  
We believe that everyone is entitled to a thoroughly sourced, skillfully roasted and properly brewed cup of coffee.
"Hi-Caffeine plus Hi-Flavor equals Hi-Performance."

(This is from the box of Boyd's K-Cup box of coffee I purchased today.) 
Every increase in government authority is a decrease of the liberty of each citizen.
Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 11:10pm
Got two Starbucks gift cards for retirement presants. Don't know if it is just local, or part of the business, but it is the slowest service I have ever dealt with. Even when the window and I were the only customers it took way to long to get a cup of just plain Black. Plus the coffee wasn't anything special and the cheese danish left a lot to be desired.
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
fortyrod View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortyrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 3:54am
and their politics suck
Everything is relative
GaryKC View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 6:43am
SS484 SS426 SSBN618
Joined this BBS: May 25 2007
Website USS Tusk SS 426
SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 7:19am
I suspect I am one of the few heavy coffee drinkers that has never set foot in a coffee shop.
Sewer Pipe Snipe View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sewer Pipe Snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 9:25am
Probably because you didn't have $50 worth of gift certificates.
Walt,
Had I done everything right throughout my life, the World wouldn't have noticed.
Runner485 View Drop Down
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runner485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Sewer Pipe Snipe Sewer Pipe Snipe wrote:

Got two Starbucks gift cards for retirement presants. Don't know if it is just local, or part of the business, but it is the slowest service I have ever dealt with. Even when the window and I were the only customers it took way to long to get a cup of just plain Black. Plus the coffee wasn't anything special and the cheese danish left a lot to be desired.

If you think their coffee is bad, don't, I repeat, don't  buy any food from them. Not fit for a dog...my apologies to all dogs out there!
DBF
Joe
SS485,CVA42
Holland Club
Mid-Atlantic Base
Johnbay View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Sewer Pipe Snipe Sewer Pipe Snipe wrote:

Probably because you didn't have $50 worth of gift certificates.

What is that, about 4 coffees?

Dr. Stan View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Stan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:52pm
I've heard that McDonald's coffee is as good as or better than Starbucks.  Now, I've never tried Starbucks but have drunk gallons of McDonald's coffee which tastes great to me.  I've noticed that some people seem to derive a sense of status from frequenting Starbucks and/or carrying one of their cups around.   I'm afraid that $50 worth of gift certificates would be wasted on me.

And, as Pete said, their politics sucks.

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.~Abe Lincoln
SS-393, SSBN-610(B), SSBN-624(G), SSN-591
USSVI Life Member; Holland Club; Plank Owner, Smoky Mtn. Base
sailor777 View Drop Down
Old Salt
Old Salt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailor777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 4:35am
The only problem I've had with McDonald coffee is in the mid afternoon, it usually has been siting since noon and tastes lousy and burnt.  sucks.  No amount of cream covers the burnt taste.

SPC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic