Rontini Submarine BBS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > U.S. Submarine Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The opinions posted here do not represent those of any company, organization, or group and are those only of the author of the respective post." - From Rontini

RontiniSubmarineBBS.com is proudly sponsored by Submarine Shop for Submariners. Your patronage helps support this BBS.

At Ron's direction, we have removed all forums that were not being actively posted to.

Gardens on submarines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BBS Supporter
BBS Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 6:57pm
Paul

ETN2(SS) 63-67

SaltiDawg View Drop Down
Rickover
Rickover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltiDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 7:02pm
Eggs that you buy at the Commissary are not "waxed." The ones I bought as the Supply Officer/Food Services Officer were not "waxed."

Just saying.

Edited by SaltiDawg - 06 Jul 2016 at 7:58am
gerry View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 7:00am
I remember waxed eggs in 88 or so, when I was mess cranking. I dont think the eggs we got on the left coast were waxed. 
I do know what happens when an entire case of eggs (loaded aboard in 1989 prior to leaving the yards...) gets discovered in late 1990 and the discovering a-gang twat "accidentally"* drops the case maneuvering it to the fan room door. You get that reek and people gagging throughout the ship in about 3 seconds. Fan room was next to the COB's office. He was not impressed. Good times.

*"Accidentally" because when the COB got to the fan room (far faster than the cuplrit could escape), the COB made note that the sailor in question already had an EAB on his person. Said sailor got a bit of extra duty out of it - fortunately for him, the Command Triad thought it was a good prank. Best CO/XO/COB combo I ever sailed with. That XO JJ Donnelly.
MT2/SS
USS Simon Bolivar - SSBN 641 (B)
USS Henry M. Jackson - SSBN 730 (B)
USSVI - Wyoming Base
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 12:15pm
I knew ADM Donnelly's father, also John, as a LtJG on Toro. Saw him again at the Toro 50th Anniversary reunion at PNS, where she was built, in '94. Seems his dad went on to drive Alvin for the navy on many of its more famous exploits and then when the navy gave it to Woods Hole he retired and went to drive it for them. Seems that submarining runs in the family,

AtoZ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic